Teacher of Literacy for Life - West Bromwich Collegiate Academy
5 days left
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a team delivering our Year 7/8 competency-based curriculum, Literacy for Life.
West Bromwich Collegiate Academy is a brand new, purpose-built, oversubscribed Academy in the West Midlands that opened in September 2019. We will admit our third-year group in September 2021.
Our core values:
- At WBCA we are committed to an inclusive education for local students at every ability level, a rigorous grounding in academic fundamentals and equipping students for the future through teaching them relevant and cutting-edge skills for the era in which they live.
- Every student should be safe, happy, ambitious of themselves and respectful of all.
- To ensure the students have world class opportunities which allow them to compete with any students in the country.
Literacy for Life
Literacy for Life is a thematic curriculum taught for 17 hours with a single teacher in Year 7, 13 hours in Year 8 and 5 hours in Year 9. Each teacher is focused on the 26 students in their class, not just from an academic perspective but also getting to know the students and their families and forming a partnership which will really help students to progress. The programme has been run successfully within our Trust for the past 12 years and judged Outstanding by Ofsted at the last two inspections.
Our Year 7/8 programme is accommodated in a bespoke technologically rich, new build environment.
We are seeking inspirational teachers from either secondary or Upper Key Stage 2.
Applicants should be:
- Passionate about improving the lives of students they serve
- Able to provide curriculum input in their specialist subject
- Confident in teaching across subjects
- A role model with a commitment to excellence
- Confident in using pedagogies for thematic/project-based learning
- Willing to collaborate as part of a team
- Committed to having both a pastoral and academic responsibility
- Flexible and adaptable, rising to the challenge of creating a new Academy
- Aspirational with high standards for students and themselves
In return we will offer:
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of CPD
- An extensive support programme for NQTs
- An ICT rich environment which allows staff to be innovative in harnessing technology for learning
- The opportunity to be involved in the early years of a new Academy
The Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion please contact our HR Director Melanie Adams on
0121 565 8811. More information about the Academy and Application Forms are available from our website: https://wbca.school/
Closing date: 8.00am Wednesday 21st April 2021
Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range
West Bromwich Collegiate Academy, Kelvin Way, West Bromwich B70 7LE
Wednesday 21st April 2021 at 8.00am