Operational Support Officer
Malvern Hills District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Malvern Hills District is also ranked in the top 20 best rural places to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends our time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
We share a Chief Executive/Managing Director and a joint management team with Wychavon District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Our busy Environmental Services depot is now looking for a confident and organised Operational Support Officer to join the team.
Operational Support Officer
Full Time 37 hours per week
Salary up to £21,748 per annum
We are looking for an efficient, confident and organised individual to join our busy team providing high level business and administrative support to our Environmental Services Depot based in Malvern Link. The Operational Support Officer will be required to ensure safe, efficient and customer focused delivery of operational services in accordance with the Council’s corporate objectives and targets.
You will be experienced in providing efficient and effective administration and business support and ideally will have experience in:
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records through the use of I.T systems.
- Answering telephone and email queries in a timely, professional and calm manner.
- Raising purchase orders
- Dealing with financial queries relating to purchases.
- Providing HR related support for staff
- Stock management of equipment
- General administrative duties – filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
We are looking for someone with excellent IT skills (particularly using MS Office applications such as MS Excel) who comes from a Customer Service background and is able to hit the ground running.
You will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Previous experience of providing administrative support to a multi disciplinary organisation
- Experience of dealing with members of the public in a professional capacity.
- Experience in financial administration (desirable)
- A flexible approach to a variety of work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Effective and confident written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer focus
- Commitment to improving services
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Motivated, realistic and positive
- Ability to deal with confidential matters sensitively
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent team working skills
Ability to travel throughout the district is desirable
For further information or for an informal chat about this opportunity, please call Tim Lewis, Administration and Amenities Manager on 01684 862485 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday 11 April 2021
Interview Date: Monday 19 April 2021