Specialist SEN Class Teacher Required for New Resourced Provision
Welford on Avon Primary School is seeking an exceptional, experienced, highly motivated qualified and committed teacher with an SEN background to lead our recently opened Resourced provision. Our ‘Cressview classroom’ educates up to eight KS2 pupils who have Communication and Interaction needs, designed to allow them to develop as competent and independent learners within a nurturing and specialist environment which meets their needs.
The successful applicant will need to be aspirational in ensuring the Resource classroom follows the school’s ethos, standards and vision while meeting the needs of the pupils within it.
The successful applicant will be joining a very supportive team of teachers at Welford. Will be supported by an ambitious senior leadership team, a highly skilled team of specialist teaching assistants, and an engaged and informed governing body.
- an outstanding inclusive classroom teacher with SEN experience
- experience of leading and managing a team
- committed to working with pupils with special educational needs
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to build good relationships based on trust with pupils and their families
- exceptional and consistent behaviour management skills, initiative and problem-solving skills
- team working skills to liaise with other teachers, teaching assistants, and other professionals such as educational psychologists, speech and language therapists
- organisational skills
- an observant and responsive approach
- flexibility and reliability - it's important to be able to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly
- a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
- patience, understanding and empathy with pupils and parents
Additional Information & How to Apply
Welford on Avon Primary School is a successful one form entry school providing high quality teaching in an innovative, safe and secure learning environment We develop and maintain strong, supportive and effective partnerships with parents, as well as the local and wider community. At Welford we encourage a culture of respect and kindness, through the values we promote with emotional and mental wellbeing being central to the needs of our members.
Our resourced classroom recognises each child’s individuality, their efforts and achievements and is an extension to our already inclusive school; providing opportunities for pupils to flourish when provided with the right learning environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop your role as a professional in a rich learning environment and encouraged to contribute to the school’s vision of continuous improvement.
The School is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
While visiting the school is difficult at the moment contacting the school is highly recommended and strongly encouraged
Application forms and further information are available below.
Please send your application form with a letter of application stating the reasons for applying for this position at our school.
Closing date is 20th April 2021 at 12 noon.