Monitoring Centre Operator
Monitoring Centre Operator (CCTV & Telecare Services)
Redditch Borough Council
Grade 5 (SCP 14 - 19)
£23,080 - £25,481 per annum (pro rata) plus 15% shift allowance for hours worked after 8pm and before 6am, and all day on a Saturday and Sunday
Hours: 34 hours per week (average)
Day 1 and Day 2 = 07:00 -15:00
Day 3 and Day 4 = 15:00 – 23:00
Day 5 and Day 6 = 23:00 – 07:00 (into Day 7)
Day 8, Day 9, and Day 10 = Rest days
Are you calm in a crisis? Would you take control in an emergency situation? Could you deal with a range of emergency calls, enquiries and requests in line with the CCTV, assistive technology and Out of Hours Services we provide?
We are looking for bright, customer focused individuals, with a flair for problem solving.
By joining our team you will be making a difference to the safety and security of our residents, including some of the most vulnerable people. The position will be based within our 24-hour Monitoring Centre at Redditch Town Hall.
If you’d like to work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, where no two days are the same, then this is the team for you! You will not be expected to have knowledge of CCTV & Telecare Services as full training will be given.
In a nutshell we want you to:
- Answer emergency Lifeline calls, helping people to live their lives independently.
- Take calls in relation to various Councils’ and other organisations emergency services and housing repairs when their offices have closed.
- Proactively monitor CCTV within North Worcestershire.
- Assess visual and audible information, respond to events quickly, and be able to prioritise your workload.
- Possess excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, carry out any admin work required and the ability work in a paperless environment.
- Possibly travel to our Disaster Recovery Site when required.
There are lots of great benefits to being an employee of Redditch Council including:
- Generous pension.
- Annual leave of 24 days (Pro rata) rising to 29 with 5 years’ service.
- Free employee support services and healthcare cash plans.
- Car, technology, Cycle2Work salary sacrifice opportunities.
- Staff benefits from national high street and leisure providers.
Are you the enthusiastic, caring and professional individual we’re looking for? If you think you’re up to the job apply now. Either click the link or apply via email.
CV’s will be accepted with a covering email by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see the posts job description & person specification please select the link at the end of this job advert. Want to know more about the role? If so, please contact Rachel Nicholls, CCTV and Telecare Manager by email email@example.com
Also see our website pages below https://www.redditchbc.gov.uk/living/support-at-home/new-lifeline.aspx
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 April 2021.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications form all Sections of the Community.