Senior Practitioner - Ref: CH27720
1 day left
Senior Practitioner – Corporate Parenting
Grade 10 Salary £37,516 - £42,398 per annum
Walsall Children’s Services is currently looking to recruit a Senior Practitioner for our Corporate Parenting Service.
These are exciting times for Walsall Children’s Services. We are committed to achieving the best outcomes for children and families, and doing this through creating the conditions where great social work practice can flourish. We want you to join us on this journey, and are looking for people who have the skills and experience to successfully manage frontline services to our children in care.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced practitioner to work one of our Corporate Parenting Teams. We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic practitioner to join our service where you will support our social workers to deliver positive intervention and outcomes for children in care, ensuring the voice of the child is at the centre of all of our work.
You will have experience of working with children and families and have the ability to motivate workers to provide a good quality service.
Walsall is committed to restorative practice and we are seeking a practitioner who can embrace this way of working, supporting our young people in care to achieve their full potential.
You will need to be passionate about our children and have an understanding of the issues pertinent to children and young people with care experience. An inspirational and experienced practitioner, you will be able to support and guide less experienced staff and support the Team Manager in the general management of a team.
Walsall Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children, young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment. We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.
By choosing to join us in Walsall you will receive a package of benefits and support. These include:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 27 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- All staff receive training in Restorative Practice and Motivational Interviewing, as well as other key methods and tools to support family-led decision-making and relationship-based social work.
- We are committed to a staff wellbeing programme to recognise and support our staff, recognising that to keep children safe and support families, social workers need to feel safe and supported
- We have a career pathway that moves from an ASYE programme recognised as a national example of good practice, to a Core Training offer for all Social Workers, to new Practice Supervisor Pathway and Team Manager Programme to support more experienced Social Workers in their development.
- This is part of a focused approach to staff development in our Annual Performance Conversations, and opportunities for individual continuing professional development activities linked to specialisms and interests, as well as the Practice Educator PEPs Level 1 and 2.
- We hold regular celebration events, service and practice development days, and staff engagement forums. We want to hear from you and improve and grow based on what you tell us!
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The post holder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.
Note: Applicants appointed to posts that require an enhanced DBS clearance must declare any periods of time that they have lived, studied or worked abroad and be prepared to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Certificate (OCRC) or a Statement of Good Conduct (SOGC) relating to anytime they were overseas.
The post holder must have a social work qualification or equivalent and must be registered with Social Work England.
Closing date for applications: 18th April 2021