Head of House
6 days left
Head of House
MPR - UPR + TLR 1D
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Washwood Heath Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 01 September 2021
Head of House – Secondary Phase
Start date: September 2021
Reports to: Head of Academy and Deputy Head of Academy
Are you an inspirational and determined leader looking for a new challenge? Do you have the leadership skills and personality required to motivate and energise students? Are you passionate about pastoral care and helping pupils become responsible young adults? Are you determined that all students within your care will reach their full potential?
Do you have a clear understanding of the importance of pupil safeguarding?
For September 2021 we are seeking to appoint an ambitious, charismatic, and innovative Head of House to drive excellent academic outcomes and provide outstanding pastoral care. You will be passionate about education and how pastoral care and academic achievement can enrich the lives of our students. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an
established pastoral team and contribute to the development of an Academy that provides a first class education for all of its learners.
Washwood Heath is an incredibly unique and special community. We are looking for an ambitious Head of House to support the Academy through the next stages of our journey to Outstanding. As a Head of House you will have the ability to lead others, to continue to invest fully in the personal, academic, and cultural capital of all pupils providing them
with a range of experiences and knowledge in order that they can engage with all sections of society and community, academically, intellectually and socially.
We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong
sense of community.
We are looking for an inspirational Head of House who puts children at the heart of everything that they do, who wants to influence and drive the future development of pupils’ education and who can demonstrate our ‘Hearts’ values and embrace ‘The Washwood Way’.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• Onsite parking
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable for a colleague with QTS looking to take on the challenge of a leadership role within the area of pastoral care or someone who is already an established Head of House/Year but is looking for a new challenge. If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would like to hear from you.
The ability to offer one of the following subjects would be advantageous: English, Maths, Science, History Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Dawn Murtagh (PA to Head of Academy at: email@example.com
Closing Date: 23 April 2021 at 9am.
It is hoped that interviews will take place w/c: 26th April 2021
Return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.