Senior Project Manager
About us and the role:
Do you want to work on exciting projects that ‘make Warwickshire the best it can be’?
We have a number of 12 month fixed term contracts available for Senior Project Managers
If you’re the kind of person who is prepared to get stuck in, who wants to do the best job possible, who approaches everything with passion and purpose, then this is the place for you. You’ll be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a place that matters to people and communities.
We are looking for dynamic and self-motivated Senior Project Managers who want the responsibility for delivering transformation projects across the Council - implementing solutions that deliver benefits and improved outcomes across the county.
We have a number of fixed term positions available to support the following projects as well as other areas:
- Protection Safeguarding Project, this is a legislative project with 6 significant workstreams of activity. The changes will impact Strategy and Commissioning, ASC, Children & Families/Children with Disabilities, Customer Service Centre, Partners in Health etc. The project includes significant changes to IT (including Mosaic) and workforce (including changes to operational processes, increased demand leading to recruitment, upskilling of staff, training delivery etc).
- Contract Management Service Re-design this project is to a centre of excellence for Contract Management and Quality Assurance
- A wholescale review of firefighter recruitment culminating in the production of guidelines and policy, meeting all legal requirements and aligns with the WCC Council plan.
We are looking for people who have a good track record of successfully delivering projects, with excellent interpersonal skills and experience in stakeholder engagement and management. You should have a positive approach and be able to manage demands and conflicts in a calm professional manner.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Hands-on Project Management experience - 5 years plus with recent evidence of successful delivery of complex projects
- Significant stakeholder management experience
- Confident managing multiple interdependent workstreams
- Knowledge and experience of delivering IT / HR changes including changes to roles, processes, operational and system changes
- Experience of budget management
- Fully conversant with all standard PM monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project - Full Business Case development; Benefits /Dis-benefits analysis and options appraisal: comprehensive implementation planning; progress monitoring & reporting to sponsor and Exec; identification, and management of risks and issues to ensure delivery is on time; smooth transition to business and handover to BAU etc.
- Ability to implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Delivery to include full closure of the project - including evaluating success and lessons learnt reporting
Why work for us?
Working at the Council means your work impacts throughout Warwickshire. You will be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a way that matters to communities and helps Warwickshire to succeed and thrive. We are a Council that has a history of success and we take pride in delivering our services effectively, efficiently and to the best of our ability. We challenge ourselves to innovate and keep pace with the changing world around us. It is an exciting time to be a part of Warwickshire County Council. We will provide you with the support to learn, develop, and encourage you to be the best you can be.
In return we offer our pledge to you:
- Excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- A clear and transparent pay structure linked to career progression and professional development.
- Other great benefits include generous annual leave, including bank holiday allowances and an extra day.
- All this and the opportunity to work in Warwickshire with its excellent transport links and beautiful countryside makes for an excellent package.
If you are keen to be part of this ambitious and dynamic service, please contact
Jane Tarver Delivery Lead Portfolio Management Office by firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01926 412445
The positions are offered as Full Time but applicants wishing Part Time work will be considered
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not be submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application demonstrates that they meet the criteria for the post. This means the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, people with a disability and people from the LGBT+ Community.