Learning Support Practitioner L3 - Yew Tree Primary School
Required from September 2021 or sooner if possible.
We are looking to appoint an innovative, creative and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join the Yew Tree family. We are a friendly three-form entry primary school with a nursery class. We are looking for a committed LSP, capable of providing high quality teaching & learning support, to join a supportive team of staff who passionately believe in providing the best education for our children.
The appointed candidate will need to be able to demonstrate commitment to make a positive contribution to our school. We have an expectation that all staff work to a high standard and have a conscientious approach to their work. The appointed candidate must work effectively as part of a team but also demonstrate the ability to use their own initiative.
You will need an understanding of the curriculum and assessment expectations as well as a range of experience in working with SEND children. Experience of working in EYFS would also be beneficial. We are interesting in hearing from individuals with a range of talents, experiences and skills which will offer something unique to our school community. Working at Yew Tree is more than a job; It is being a part of our family – our community!
This is an extremely exciting time to join Yew Tree as we have recently moved in to a brand new £7m building and our now making our house a home. Our head teacher took up his position in January 2020 and is looking to build a team of people who passionately believe in our five core values (responsibility, respect, courage, ambition & pride) and our vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all of our children.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Passionate about education.
- Confident and up-to-date with curriculum & assessment strategies.
- Able to create an exciting learning environment for our pupils.
- Capable of delivering an outstanding quality of teaching.
- Committed to developing every child
- Able to meet the differing needs of children in their they work with.
- Committed to working closely with the school community.
- Willing to work as part of a team.
- Able to foster and develop a caring ethos.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A supportive environment in which relationships are nurtured.
- A dedicated, friendly and passionate staff.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- A commitment to high standards and continual improvement.
- Enthusiastic and caring pupils who work hard.
- Modern facilities and extensive grounds to inspire learning
Yew Tree Primary School complies with all aspects of the Equality Act and there is an expectation of all staff to also show support the protected characteristics. Any posts are subject to approval of two references and subject to any necessary safeguarding checks.
Due to Covid restrictions, visits in person are limited to those who are shortlisted only. However, candidates are invited to view our website, Twitter feed and the virtual tour of our school which is available at: https://aperture360.s3.amazonaws.com/tours/Yewtree/index.htm
We would also be happy to arrange a phone conversation with a member of the Senior Leadership Team if candidates have any questions. This can be arranged by contacting the school.
Closing date: Friday 30th April 2021– 9.00am
Interviews: Wednesday 5th May - TBC
For more information on the role please refer to the Job Description and Employee Specification or contact our Business Manager, Gareth Preen.
32.5 hours per week (8.40am – 3.40pm Mon – Fri).
Grade D SCP 9 – 17, £20,903 - £24, 491 per annum pro rata
Birchfield Way, YewTree Estate, Walsall WS5 4DX
Friday 30th April 2021 – 9.00am