Role: Social Worker
ASYE suitable post
Team: Children’s Disability
Location: Newcastle & Moorlands
Salary: Grade 9 - £32,234 -£36,992 per annum
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Permanent | Full time | Flexible working – happy to discuss options
We’re a great bunch here in the Children’s Disability team and we have a rare opportunity for a Social Worker to come and join the Newcastle and Moorlands team.
We have 4 Children’s Disability teams across the county, and they provide specialist services for children and young people with complex disabilities. These are small teams of highly dedicated Social Workers who support each other and share best practice to ensure the best outcomes for our disabled children in a timely manner, so that they can live their lives to the full. We’re also supported by a team of skilled Senior Family Support Workers who assist in facilitating family time, family support, practical support with a child’s health and social care needs, behaviour management work and undertaking direct work.
Making sure you are well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress is a high priority at Staffordshire. Whether that’s taking steps to develop your leadership skills; or involving you in panels where you can broaden your experience, we want your career to flourish here at Staffordshire.
How we work
As part of our transformation across Children’s Services we have embedded a new, restorative practice model which our current staff feel is proving to be very effective. Restorative approaches are widely accepted as being a highly successful way of achieving better outcomes for our children, young people and their families. The focus of our transformation is to deliver even better outcomes for our children and families so if this is your focus too, it’s a great time to join us and really be part of shaping that bright future.
- A qualified Social Worker with a clear interest in children with disabilities
- Be registered with Social Work England
- Have a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle to be able to get to all your children easily
- Someone who finds talking to children and their families comes naturally and that you’re able to build relationships to work with them effectively
- You’ll be a team player, willing to support and work with colleagues and partners to ensure we deliver great outcomes
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress. We‘ve also recently launched our new aspiring team managers programme and you can find out more about this on our website https://www.childrenssocialcarecareers.co.uk/
Why are we different?
We’ve created a supportive working environment here at Staffordshire County Council because we recognise the benefits of enabling our employees to achieve their full potential whilst enjoying a healthy work-life balance. We’ve achieved this by offering more flexible working practices and supplying the tools and equipment to enable more smart and agile working. So if that means doing work from home to make better use of your time then great!
And here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Sunday 18 April 2021
Interview Date: Following application we’ll contact you to arrange asap
For more information about the role, an informal discussion or should you have any requirements to assist you in applying for this role please contact: email@example.com
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here