Stowlawn Primary School
Green Park Avenue, Bilston, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV14 6EH
L11 to L15 (starting salary will be in the range of £54,091 - £59,581) Job Ref: LEC6115
Contribution to the cost of relocation may be available subject to negotiation
Full time, permanent
Required for 1 September, 2021
Stowlawn Primary School is a welcoming, vibrant and inclusive community school in the Bilston area of Wolverhampton and our community is at the heart of everything we do. We are in the process of growing from a 1 form to 2 form entry school and are lucky enough to have benefitted from a substantial investment which means our children learn in a fantastic, new spacious building. We are proud of our school and our increasingly multi‑cultural and diverse community is highly valued by our families and staff.
Due to the retirement of our current Deputy Headteacher, the Governors wish to appoint a practitioner with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice for this non - class based role. We are seeking someone who is child centred and will support our school values; an ambitious and energetic professional with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, with initiative, enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of all key stages together with experience in at least 2 phases/stages and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our school then we would love to hear from you.
In return, we can offer you:
- a ‘Good ‘School (Ofsted November 2017) with the ambition to become outstanding
- a unique opportunity to support in shaping a growing school
- a talented team of teachers and support staff who share the same passion for ensuring that every child achieves their potential at school and beyond
- an effective and experienced Governing Board which provides key support and challenge
- enthusiastic, happy and eager children who love school
WHY WORK IN WOLVERHAMPTON?
- professional support from Local Authority, Headteacher networks and other providers
- extensive CPD opportunities through a range of providers
- Wolverhampton is situated in the Black Country, an area of rich historical and cultural interest
- the City has many areas of attractive and affordable housing and is within commuting distance of more rural localities
- Wolverhampton offers a range of cultural and leisure options including theatres, art galleries, a racecourse, historic houses, parks, real-ale pubs and restaurants
- there is a thriving local sports scene with football and cricket clubs, martial arts groups, an indoor climbing centre, swimming facilities and gyms
- the City is within easy reach of the beautiful Shropshire and Staffordshire countryside, the many attractions of the city of Birmingham and the popular Merry Hill Shopping Centre
- good transport links, which include a direct train route to London, make Wolverhampton a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
Visits to School are warmly welcomed during week commencing 19 April, 2021.
Please contact Emma Balde, School Administrator, for an appointment on 01902 556463 or email StowlawnPrimary.GroupEmail@wolverhampton.gov.uk
Stowlawn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE THURSDAY 29 APRIL, 2021 AT 9AM
INTERVIEWS WEDNESDAY 12 MAY AND THURSDAY 13 MAY, 2021
To apply, visit www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/jobs and e-mail completed application forms to Services4Schools Ltd, HR Consultancy Team via HRC@services4schools.org.uk