Deputy Head Teacher
Old Park is a large all age (4-19) community special school situated within the Metropolitan Borough of Dudley. We provide education for pupils who have severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties. These include pupils with complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties and autism. Several of our children have behavioural difficulties arising from their condition and many have communication difficulties. All pupils that attend Old Park School have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP). Our most recent Ofsted (November 2018) judged the school to be outstanding for the third time.
The Governing body are seeking to appoint a second Deputy Head Teacher to join our Senior Leadership Team. This will initially be a 12 month fixed term post, pending further school development review. The successful candidate will be an exemplary teacher of who is highly experienced, passionate, and motivated to share in the leadership and management of our school and have a solid understanding of how to work with pupils with complex special educational needs and disabilities. Applicants will need to demonstrate recent experience of leading teaching and learning within a special school environment. They will need to be currently holding a TLR or senior post with significant and sustained responsibility to be considered for this role.
Salary: Leadership Scale 19-25
Location: Old Park School, Thorns Road Brierley Hill
Closing Date: 23rd April 2021.
Interviews will be held on the 17/18th May 2021
The successful person will be expected to take the lead on pastoral and well-being across school. This includes acting as the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Designated Teacher for Children Looked After.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work alongside our very experienced Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment.
- A supportive Governing body who play an active role in school life.
You will offer us:
- Your considerable skill as an exemplary teacher who has experience of working with children with complex special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
- Your commitment to working in partnership with parents, governors and the wider community
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Your ability to initiate and lead change in a positive way.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you. Socially distanced informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed (Subject to lockdown restrictions). Please contact the school office on 01384 818905 to book an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB. We reserve the right to close the vacancy before the advertised date if a large number of applicants have been received.
For further information, please contact Miss J Colbourne on 01384 818905 or email: email@example.com
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team viaHR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk.