Executive Support Officer
Executive Support Officer (Cabinet Office located in County Buildings, Martin Street)
Salary: £20,903- £23,541 per annum
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term until November 2021 (6 Months)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Executive Support Team working within the Cabinet Office.
The Cabinet Office provides all aspects of high level, confidential support to our County Council Cabinet Members.
The Cabinet decision making system makes the major decisions about Council services and many others that you use on a day-to-day basis.
The Cabinet normally meets monthly. Its role is to lead in the preparation of the Council's policies and budget, to lead the community planning process and the attainment of best value.
The Cabinet is made up of the Leader and Deputy Leader who are elected by the majority party, currently Conservative, and nine other councillors who are chosen by the Leader. Each of the nine Cabinet Members has an individual area of responsibility also known as his or her portfolio. Currently there is also a Cabinet Support Member who also has a designated area of responsibility reporting to the Cabinet Member for Health, Care and Wellbeing.
Executive Support Officer (Grade 6)
The role requires the post holder:
- to be a strong team player to work closely with colleagues within the Cabinet Office to ensure high level support to Cabinet Members is maintained at all times;
- to be self-starting, well-motivated and a strong communicator who is comfortable to work/engage across all levels of the respective organisations – locally, regionally and nationally;
- to coordinating and organise the work of the Cabinet Member(s), liaising with partners, arranging high level meetings and helping to prioritise the key areas of work;
- to provide high level professional, efficient and effective executive support to Cabinet Members supporting them in their official duties and protecting their reputation;
- to facilitate effective member / officer working relationships, ensuring both senior officers and members are fully briefed to allow informed decisions to be made and good governance followed;
- to ensure committee procedures are followed and timescales met for the publication of information via Modern.gov;
- to support the Elected Members in relation to the development of the Council’s Priorities and Strategies;
- to ensure that appropriate planning processes are followed to support the implementation of those priorities and strategies;
- to shape the development of corporate initiatives to support the County Council in the delivery of its key outcomes and operating model.
- be flexible when required to address business need across the organisation and the right is reserved to transfer the postholder to a team within the business Unit following appropriate consultation.
You will be based on Cabinet Office, County Buildings, Martin Street, Stafford, ST16 2DH but there will be an opportunity for some home working.
This is a real opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge at a senior level.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
Interview Date: 20 April 2021 (if applicable)
For more information about the role please contact: Tracy Key on 01785 276121 or email@example.com
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CVs or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave.
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement.
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave.
- Volunteering Scheme.
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring.
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services).
- Eye care vouchers.
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme.
- Bus and rail travel discounts.