Learning Mentor - Burton Borough School
3 days left
Learning Mentors ( 3 x Positions available) - Burton Borough Schhol
Required as soon as possible
New positions due to the success and expansion of the school
30 Hours per week
8.30am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Term Time + 1 Week (PD Days)
Scale 4 (£10.41-£11.27 per hour) dependent on experience and length of service
We are looking to appoint three highly motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible Learning Mentors to join our team. These roles play a pivotal part in helping to support students to reach their full potential and contributing to the ongoing success of the school.
The post holder will co-ordinate additional support across the curriculum to give targeted students, notablythose with SEND, the best opportunity in school to gain the best outcomes, including GCSEs and Post-16.
- Work within the pastoral teams to provide a holistic approach in supporting student individual needs.
- Cement strong adult relationships with key targeted students to ensure they have a sense of belonging within both the small school and whole school.
- Have a passion for working with students in accessing the curriculum to the full, to ensure that they make excellent progress and reach their true potential.
- Have a commitment to drive the raising of standards which have an impact on learning and monitoring progress, focusing on established testing and tracking systems and adjusting provision to meet changing needs.
- Work both using their own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Can work with individual students in addition to small groups.
Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community School of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. Our location provides easy access to/from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough.
Closing date: Friday 23rd April at 4pm