St Peters CE Primary Academy - KS2 Class Teacher
St. Peter’s CE Primary Academy, Hednesford is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic KS2 Class Teacher who has a passion for working with children, is motivated and organised to provide exciting learning experiences across the whole curriculum and is able to develop highly effective relationships with children, parents and staff.
St. Peter’s is a thriving and inclusive learning community of over 440 pupils, situated in Hednesford, Staffordshire and is part of Future Generation Trust. Our motto is ‘Reach for the Sky’ and pupils are placed at the forefront of every experience and decision in school. The Academy is a two-form entry school which provides exciting and inspirational learning for children aged from Nursery to Year 6. Our academy community is a happy, welcoming and nurturing place where each pupil is known individually, encouraged to thrive and developed into confident, caring and active citizens. Effective relationships are at the heart of all that we do at St. Peter’s. Every child is encouraged to ‘Reach for the Sky’ in all they do, focusing on five key characteristics which will enable them to be successful in their learning and in their futures. These are: resilience in the face of challenge; excellence in all they do, ambition for their future selves; captivated by a love learning; happy, helpful and ready to contribute.
As an academy, we seek to enable all children to ‘Reach for the Sky’ and to strive to make every day their best, building on what has gone before to shape the future. The five key areas of our motto demonstrate the value the school places on the holistic child, not just on their academic achievements. It enshrines our view that every child is an individual with special talents, interests and needs. As an educational setting, it is our privilege to foster these, to develop trustful relationships that enable every child to flourish and to give each young person the very best start in life.
Our Academy can provide you with:
- A bright, attractive and well-maintained school environment, situated on the edge of Hednesford Hills;
- A committed team of professional staff who work collaboratively and are dedicated to providing an excellent education for all our pupils;
- An opportunity to be a part of the exciting vision for the academy’s future;
- A well-resourced school, with its own outdoor classroom, and excellent facilities for
our pupils and staff;
- High-quality CPD and opportunities for professional growth, including through collaborative working with other academy staff in our Trust;
- The opportunity to work with our amazing pupils, who love learning and care deeply about their school, their friends and their teachers;
- A strong and thriving Christian foundation which strengthens every part of our Academy’s work through close links with St. Peter’s Church, Hednesford.
For more detail about our academy, please visit our website and review our prospectus at:
Dates for applications and interviews:
Candidates who are interested in the post are encouraged to contact the Academy Office, to introduce themselves and to book a place for a tour of the academy. Small group tours will be held at:
- 4.30pm on Tuesday 20th April
- 4.30pm on Thursday 22nd April
- 4.30pm on Tuesday 27th April
The deadline for applications is 3pm on Thursday 29th April.
All applications should be addressed to Mr Will Stevens, Headteacher and emailed to
Shortlisted candidate conference calls will take place during week commencing Monday 3rd May with interviews and tasks being held during week commencing Monday 10th May.
The interview process will include:
- Introductory conference call with Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
- A class-based teaching task
- A short, written task
- A Formal face to face interview
This job involves working with children and is therefore subject to advanced disclosure check through the confidential process administered by the Disclosure Barring Service. A conviction may not exclude candidates from the job, but it will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Our multi-academy trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
St. Peter’s CE Primary Academy is part of Future Generation Trust
In the future generation we trust!
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide