Assistant Headteacher- Cheadle Primary School
REQUIRED FOR 1 SEPTEMBER 2021
Due to the resignation of one of our Assistant Headteachers in August 2020, the governors of Cheadle Primary School now feel that the time is right to offer an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, skilled and experienced teacher to join our hard working team of dedicated and professional staff (LEADERSHIP SCALE POINTS 5-9) Current Salary LD5 £46566 - LD9 £51402 (annual teachers' pay review due for September 2021) . We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and skilled leader to help to lead school improvement and shape the future of our school alongside the Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
The school has experienced some significant changes in recent years and is on a positive journey with an exciting future ahead. The staff and governors are very proud of its aim to provide high quality education for all its pupils and its vision for the future. The school works in partnership with parents to develop a caring, safe learning environment which is sensitive to pupils' needs and promotes self -esteem and motivation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- can demonstrate high standards of personal integrity, loyalty, discretion and professionalism and will publicly support all decisions made by the Headteacher and Governing Board
- will work to a high standard in implementing agreed policies, priorities and expectations and lead by example
- have a sense of humour and excellent interpersonal skills and are approachable, caring and empathetic
- have the confidence, clear vision and ability to play a leading role in the development of a cutting edge curriculum and assessment including target setting and pupil progress tracking
- have a secure understanding of the characteristics of effective primary teaching and learning strategies used to raise pupil attainment and achievement
- work well under pressure and are able to work on your own initiative, with clear impact on learning
- are an excellent, positive and inspirational classroom practitioner with proven management skills to strengthen both teaching and learning and school leadership
- are committed to supporting the continuing professional development for self and all staff
- are an excellent classroom practitioner with experience across all key stages in the primary phase and have high expectations of work and behaviour and the related learning outcomes
- have experience and knowledge of safeguarding/child protection procedures and SATS testing
- are creative and can motivate, challenge and inspire staff and pupils to achieve their full potential and have a commitment to making learning fun and can embrace new ideas
- have broad experience at middle management and some experience at senior level, good organisation and communication skills
- are flexible, listen and are prepared to seek advice and support if appropriate
- are motivated and passionate about children and their learning
- thrive on challenge yet still maintain a good work/life balance
- can share the vision for the future of the school, helping to build upon its existing successes and bring about further development, particularly in light of the current developments and external pressures on education
- are committed to inclusion with high expectations for all learners and retain children at the heart of everything
• work well in partnership with parents and governors, are committed to active parental involvement and have the capacity to make a significant contribution to all aspects of school life
- have a commitment to a collaborative team approach
The successful candidate will benefit greatly from:
- the opportunity to work with a staff team of positive enthusiastic and skilled teachers and support staff
- excellent resources and a highly attractive working environment for both staff and children
- fantastic children who are eager and ready to learn
- a supportive governing board who work hard to support the school
- a school with strong leadership and a clear and strong vision for the future
Closing date: Friday 23 April 2021 at 12 NOON
Shortlisting: Monday 26 April 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 11 May 2021 and Wednesday 12 May 2021
Thank you for your interest in this post. Interested candidates are welcome to visit our school website www.cheadle-primary.staffs.sch.uk and informal visits to the school can be arranged for either Wednesday 21 April 2021 at 9.30am or Thursday 22 April 2021 at 9.30am – please contact the School Business Manager, Kim Stephenson, at email@example.com to confirm a visit.
Completed application forms and any supporting documents should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only respond to successful applicants at shortlisting and those candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email as soon as possible after 26 April 2021.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk