Science Technician Chemistry - Finham Park School
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Governors are seeking to appoint a professional and enthusiastic Chemistry Technician to provide technical support and advice to staff engaged in the teaching of Science.
What we offer:
- Our large and successful Science Faculty is where teachers are committed to developing active learning strategies to challenge and inspire all our students. Science is extremely popular at GCSE, Advanced and Vocational Levels. Further information is available via the link on our website – www.finhampark.co.uk. You will be joining a team of strong and enthusiastic Science teachers and technicians who are committed to delivering a high quality, lively, interesting curriculum to challenge and inspire all our students. You will be required to provide technical support and advice to staff for Key Stage 3, 4 and Advanced Level standard.
- Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
- We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
- We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
- The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
What you offer:
- Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
- A team player.
Salary: Grade 3 £18,933 - £20,092 FTE (Actual Salary £17,195 - £18,248)
Contract Type: Full Time 37 hours per week, Term Time Only + 3 weeks
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply:
Application packs are available to download below.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by 20th April 2021 at 9am, with interviews being held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.