SEN Class Teacher 0.4
SEN Class Teacher 0.4
MPR to UPR + 1 SEN Allowance
Hours: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
50 Scholars Gate
Telephone Number: 0121 783 3972
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: September 2021
Location- Hallmoor School, 50 Scholars Gate, Kitts Green, Birmingham, B33 0DL
Required Thursday & Friday, Permanent Contract
Hallmoor School specialises in the education of pupils aged 4 to 19 years with cognition, learning and communication difficulties, all of whom have an Education Health and Care Plan. Pupils within the school have a wide range of learning needs which may include SLD and ASD. The school strives for high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Hallmoor School, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
• have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages
• have experience of working with children with complex special needs including ASD and SLD
• have QTS status
• take responsibility for a class group as a teacher with pastoral responsibility
• be willing to deliver subject specific lessons to a wider group of pupils across the school as reasonably directed by the headteacher
• be a team player
We can offer you:
• a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
• a dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
• a Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
• your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
• your flexibility, commitment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Closing Date: 28 April 2021 at 23:59pm
Interview Date: Week Commencing 03 May 2021
For further details and to apply, please visit the Forward Education Trust website at
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, and prohibition checks if overseas trained. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.
N.B Please do not send an application form or CV to the school/Trust enquiry email address or to Hallmoor School site as doing so may mean that your application may not be considered.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.