Teaching Assistant Level 3
Oldswinford Church Of England Primary School is a happy and successful school. We are proud to provide a caring environment, which offers challenge, support and security for children and staff, while delivering high quality learning opportunities and outcomes for children.
Oldswinford Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint two dedicated and hard-working Level 3 Teaching Assistants with a relevant NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent), on a fixed term contract starting on 7th June 2021 and ending on 31st August 2022.
The hours of work are from 8.45am to 3.45pm Monday to Friday with 30 mins for lunch, during school term time plus Inset Days (39 weeks per year).
One vacancy is based in KS1 initially and one vacancy is based in KS2 and you will become an integral part of each respective team. You will work with children of all abilities in a whole class setting as well as withdrawing individuals and small groups for focussed support - this may take place indoors or outdoors.
We are looking for a TAs who:
- has had experience working in a primary school setting;
- has the ability to effectively support the learning and emotional needs of children;
- has a positive approach and a desire to understand and to support children’s needs;
- has high level literacy and numeracy skills (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above);
- is flexible and adaptable;
- works well under direction, but also shows initiative and can take ownership of tasks;
- enjoys working as part of a team;
We can offer:
- A welcoming and friendly school with a positive ethos.
- A place to build positive relationships to support and care for children and help meet their needs.
- A supportive, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated staff and governors.
- Opportunities to be part of delivering an exciting and fun curriculum.
- Engaging children who enjoy coming to school and want to do well.
- Continued professional and career development.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 23rd April, 2021, 12 noon
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Job Description and Person Specification