Rotational Occupational Therapist - Coventry Patient Pathway
4 days left
UHCW is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK with sites in both Coventry and Rugby and rated as GOOD by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We are committed to delivering world class service and have established and embedded the UHCW Improvement (UHCWi) System in partnership with the Virginia Mason Institute in Seattle focusing on putting the patient first through the use of lean management systems and methodologies. We are linked to the top class universities of both Warwick and Coventry.
UHCW has developed its own AHP faculty which support the organisations AHP staff with training and education. It works closely with the wider Coventry and Warwickshire Health Care Partnership AHP faculty. There is a particular focus at present on supporting career development of our staff and also the coordination and expansion of clinical placements. The faculty, led by an Faculty lead is supported by AHP practice educators working across all the professional groups.
Opportunities in Research
As part of our world class ambitions, we are committed to supporting our staff to become the best researchers, enabling them to develop their careers and conduct research that will improve the lives of our patients. Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professional staff working at UHCW, with an interest in research, innovation and practice, are supported through our Centre for Care Excellence. A unique partnership between Coventry University and University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, the Centre aims to empower staff at every level to be able to develop ideas to make ‘patient first’ improvements. Staff also have access to our successful iCAhRE (Interdisciplinary Clinical Academic Research Health Excellence) programme to support them if they want to develop a research career. Please see UHCW Website for more information
Working with Us
You can expect a warm welcome at UHCW and Coventry City Council our staff are friendly and welcoming.
As an AHP, you will also be supported and have access to the UHCW AHP faculty. The AHP faculty supports and encourages education, training and development for all AHP’s and is committed to developing and promoting continuing professional development and interprofessional learning opportunities for staff.
We live by our values and support staff to do the best job they possibly can. As a result, we promote development opportunities internally and allow our team to stretch to their career aspirations. We are a role model for AHP’s; embedding leadership roles that are unique to the Coventry & Warwickshire system. We value our staff and our benefits package includes:
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible working opportunities
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Occupational Therapist – Coventry Patient Pathway
Are you committed to making a difference to the patient pathway beyond organisational or service boundaries? Health and social care providers within Coventry are committed to supporting the Band 6 Occupational Therapist role to provide care on a rotational basis.
The rotational programme has been developed to provide an opportunity for the successful candidates to increase their breadth of experience across both inpatient and community settings, following the patient journey and translating learning into improvement across the health and social care system. As a result, the candidate will have an influential position in steering the programme.
The candidate will experience 9-12 month placements in the following areas:
- REACT team
- Inpatient Medicine team
- Integrated Discharge team
- Local Authority community team
We would love to hear from candidates who have experience across a range of physical health settings having worked in one or more of the following areas: NHS Acute Care, Local Authorities and Community providers/services.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following skills:
- Effective communication – in person, written and over the telephone
- Conducting assessments in a variety of environments
- Providing instruction to clients and their carers to enable them to achieve maximum functional independence
- Working both independently and as part of a team
- Organising an allocated workload, planning and prioritising work to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Developing effective working relationships with patients, colleagues and other agencies
- Maintaining accurate case records on the computer database
You will be experienced in the following areas:
- Undertaking comprehensive assessments of patients referred to the service
- Specialist knowledge of rehabilitation and general knowledge of adult conditions and multi-pathology
- Interpreting and analysing clinical and non-clinical data to form an accurate picture of the patients functional ability
- Devising comprehensive intervention plans, using clinical reasoning and utilising evidence-based practice to deliver enablement programmes
- Guiding & monitoring unqualified staff in the delivery of enablement and intervention plans.
In return you can expect not only an attractive benefits package, but ongoing support from leaders, managers and peers to drive forward this programme. You will be employed by University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW) NHS Trust and rotate across organisations during your rotation to Coventry City Council.
To apply please view the job advertisement here: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916464095