Principal Planning Policy Officer
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council are looking for a Principal Planning Policy Officer to join the Planning Policy team.
Main Job Aspects
This role is an important part of the Policy team. Key tasks include:
- Supporting the Planning Policy Manager on all aspects of plan preparation
- Be the lead officer on a number of key policy areas central to the creation of the plan in agreement with the Planning Policy Manager
- Responsible for the setting of briefs for the appointment of external consultants and the monitoring of the work produced
- To work with the Planning Policy Manager in the creation of programme management tools to support the timely delivery of the development plan
- Advising and providing support and mentoring to other members of the team
- Defend the Council at examination for a range of development plan documents notably the Local Plan.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive and organised approach to plan development and experience of working with a range of stakeholders to achieve defined outcome
- Strategic planning to create and contribute to the long-term vision for the service area and organisation as a whole
- Education to degree standard and RTPI qualified
- Strong technical skills and effective collaborative working that promotes openness within the team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, accurately and positively with a range of stakeholders.
Appointment to the post will be subject to assessment against the requirements of the person specification, through consideration of the application and at interview.
For an informal conversation contact either Jemma March (Planning Policy Manager) 01782 742477 or Shawn Fleet (Head of Planning) 01782 717717.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities, generous annual leave, green travel scheme and membership of the local government pension scheme,