Planning Policy Monitoring Officer
Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council are looking for a Planning Policy Monitoring Officer to join the Planning Policy team.
Main Job Aspects
This role is an important part of the Policy team. Key tasks include:
- The monitoring and recording of planning data especially relating to decision notices and the consultation portal
- Keeping records up to date and ensuring integrity across all data sets including database and GIS systems
- Co-ordination and running of public consultation events in conjunction with other Officers
- Recording of consultation feedback and the production of reports on the responses received
- Undertaking publicity events for a variety of planning consultation events including Neighbourhood Planning
- Production of reports and data for a range of stakeholders.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive and organised approach to plan development and experience of working with a range of stakeholders to achieve defined outcome
- Strong technical skills and effective collaborative working that promotes openness within the team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, accurately and positively with a range of stakeholders.
- Appointment to the post will be subject to assessment against the requirements of the person specification, through consideration of the application and at interview.
For an informal conversation contact either Jemma March (Planning Policy Manager) 01782 742477 or Shawn Fleet (Head of Planning) 01782 717717.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of learning and development opportunities, generous annual leave, green travel scheme and membership of the local government pension scheme,