Procurement Business Partner- IT
The Council are looking for people to join the Procurement team for our new chapter. We are looking for people with relevant category experience who can demonstrate the right commercial acumen, confidence to disrupt traditional thinking and enthusiasm to make a difference. The Council operates within central Wolverhampton but opportunities for flexible and agile working will be considered.
Located in the heart of the City of Wolverhampton, we offer a modernised working environment with great transport links, a wide-ranging staff benefits scheme, competitive salary and flexible working hours.
An opportunity has arisen for a number of Procurement Professionals to join the team as Procurement Business Partners for the following categories:
- Social Care x 1
- ICT x 1
- Construction x 1
- Corporate x 1
The roles will require individuals with in-depth knowledge of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and procurement best practice.
To be successful you will need to:
- Strategic in your thinking and able to effectively challenge the norm;
- Be analytical and make decisive decisions;
- Be adaptable and effectively problem solve;
- Lead from the front and able to motivate and develop your team;
- Communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Provide a quality service focussed on supporting stakeholders;
- Be able to deliver in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple projects.
Significant experience of leading on highly complex tenders and contract negotiations, including working with stakeholders, cross functional teams, legal services and partner organisations.
Development of category strategies.
Assisting the business in delivering exciting objectives for the designated category whilst ensuring a consistently improving source of supply.
Significant experience of the category you are applying for.
- Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply via examination and Member of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPs)
- BSc Hons degree within a relevant category field (see job description for each role)
- CILEx Level 6 Diploma in Law and Practice or LLB Law (Hons)
What's on Offer
CIPS sponsorship up to Level 6
£51,901 - £54,934
The interview process will be a 2 stage selection.
For a confidential discussion please contact John Thompson, Head of Procurement on 01902554503 or John.Thompson@wolverhampton.gov.uk.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are under the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
JD & PS.docx