Executive Assistant to Catholic Senior Executive Leader - The Romero Catholic Academy
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide a high level, professional PA and administrative support to the Catholic Senior Executive Leader (CSEL) so that they can operate effectively in their role. As Executive Assistant you will support the strategic and operational aspects of the Romero Shared Services Team through liaising with key stakeholders, governance and partnerships at all levels in realising our vision to be a ‘Beacon of excellence for Catholic Education 3 – 19 years’; whilst supporting the aims and ethos of The Romero Catholic Academy in presenting a highly professional image of the Company at all times.
Grade: Grade 6. Spine Point 22 to 29 (£27,041 –£32,910)
Hours: 37 Hours per week, Term time plus four weeks
Contract: 18 Month Fixed Term
Location: Based at Cardinal Wiseman Secondary School, Potters Green Road, Coventry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of confidential documents and reports, as requested by the Catholic Senior Executive Leader and when directed, for the Romero Shared Services Team colleagues and Board of Directors such as the Board report.
- Actively managing the Catholic Senior Executive Leader’s diary, organising appointments and meetings to ensure effective time management and focus on priorities and that the Catholic Senior Executive Leader is aware of diary commitments and key deadlines so all responsibilities are fulfilled as efficiently as possible.
- Work with all members of the Senior Management team in Romero to proactively arrange regular Romero meetings mapping out complex cross diaries a term / year in advance.
- To be the first point of contact for visitors for the Catholic Senior Executive Leader and any key meetings within the Romero Shared Services.
- Organise travel arrangements nationally to ensure value for money and best use of time.
- Produce a weekly itinerary to enable briefing papers to be prepared for the Catholic Senior Executive Leader.
- Organising and managing meetings and filing systems, including minute taking as required (e.g. Principal Committee). Prepare and track actions and follow up on outstanding actions in advance of meetings. Liaising with the Romero representatives, where appropriate, to follow up agreed actions.
- Assisting in the administration of personnel/staffing matters as directed.
- Receiving, processing and where appropriate responding directly to communications – email, post and telephone.
- To identify opportunities for improvements across The Romero Catholic Academy and where appropriate work with the Catholic Senior Executive Leader, Director of Operations, Principals and Governance to put in place and monitor action, KPI’s and plans for improvement
- Build effective and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders sharing best practice and knowledge. Liaising with representatives from external organisations such e.g. Ofsted, Diocese, other MACs or MATs DfE, RSC, ESFA, LA services, etc.
- Overseeing the governance across Romero liaising with Director’s clerk, Clerk 1 and 2 to shape and organise LAC meetings, LAC briefings, Principal and Board meetings.
- To liaise in advance for agenda items across all aspects of Romero so there is a clearly mapped approach in the progress of work streams within governance.
- Research and collate statistics, create presentations and collect information (e.g. for policy development) to ensure Catholic Senior Executive Leader is fully prepared for meetings.
- Work with all members of the Senior Leadership team in Romero to plan and organise events such as the Company’s annual training day
- To work with the Catholic Senior Executive Leader, Director of Operations, Chief Finance Officer, Principals and Head of HR to ensure compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook; Ofsted Framework; Section 48 framework; Health and Safety including updating Every and Risk Register Safeguarding and GDPR. In addition:
- To oversee the GDPR framework across schools
- To oversee Sophos and support CSEL in oversight of Critical and Urgent alerts across MAC
- To oversee the minibus across schools
On behalf of the Board of Directors for The Romero Catholic Academy, we would like to thank you for your interest in the post Executive Assistant within our Multi Academy Company. We are proud to work at Romero and offer the following benefits:
- Generous local government pension contributions
- Flexible working that fits our business need
- Development opportunities depending on identified skill gaps
Application forms and supplementary documents are available to download from www.romeromac.com/vacancies Only CES application forms will be accepted. All sections of the CES application form and relevant supplementary documents must be completed.
The closing date for receipt of applications is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21st April at 5pm. Interview date to be confirmed.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.