Adults and Communities Social Worker
Job Title: Adults and Communities Social Worker
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: HC08 £29,577 to £33,782
Closing date: 9th May 2021
This is an exciting time to be working for Herefordshire Adults and Communities.
We want to enable risk and reward innovation as we embrace opportunities to integrate, develop and embed new approaches to how we deliver our services to the public.
That is why we are now seeking enthusiastic, creative, motivated and forward thinking Social Workers to join us. Based around the county in various locations, you will have immediate access to a wide range of knowledge and skills within established teams and plenty of opportunities for further professional training and development.
Social Workers have scope to practice alongside a variety of service user groups and a whole spectrum of people with health and social care needs, such as mental health, learning disability, physical disability, frailty and safeguarding.
If you are a qualified, Social Work England registered Social Worker, with relevant experience and a strong commitment to personalised and outcome focussed practice, we are keen to welcome you.
Ideally you will bring a sound knowledge base about adult social work, strong interpersonal and organisational skills, a developed understanding of social care practice and legislation.
In return we will invest in you with regular supervision, a balanced workload, access to training and further career opportunities.
Herefordshire is a fantastic location to live and work, where you will find a beautiful and diverse rural county, rich in history awaits you.
In return we will offer
• 25 days per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service plus Bank Holidays and2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• Payment of professional membership fees
• A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
Newly qualified social workers:
Herefordshire’s adults and communities directorate runs a recognised mandated, approved and supported year of employment programme (ASYE), for all new NQSWs coming to work with us. As our spring intake is currently full, this particular post is not open for newly qualified social workers to apply. Please do look out for posts later on in the year.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Nicky Brezine on 01432 260040
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com