4 days left
GRADE 4 SALARY (£20,092.00 – £21748.00) (pro-rata)
PERMANENT POST 14.8 hours (2 days per week) with the opportunity to increase to 18.5 hours.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Pensions Assistant within the fund’s benefit operations & payroll team.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 320,000 scheme members, 700 employers with £17bn of assets under management.
We are seeking a highly organised and flexible Pensions Payroll Assistant.
The position is based in the benefit operations team where all activity is managed against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
The position includes responsibility for:-
· Present a customer friendly, positive and professional image of the Fund to customer, with the aim of satisfying enquiries with a single contact
• To assist in the production of periodic payrolls in accordance with established timetables working to meet payroll deadlines
• To commence pension payments for new pensioners and beneficiaries.
• To finalise member records on cessation and manage any under/overpayments which may occur which includes calculating tax liabilities manually
• To account for payments made and to recall payments where appropriate
• Responding to all enquiries in a positive and professional manner and processing them in accordance with the Funds procedures.
• Dealing with sensitive issues relating to the Fund’s customers whether face to face, by telephone, electronically or through correspondence.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to work efficiently using our IT programmes and proven experience of working in a fast-paced administration role. You should have experience in pension/payroll administration and will be able to translate complex information for the benefit of our customers. You will be responsible for communicating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders on all levels whilst managing your workload proactively to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
For more information or an informal discussion regarding this post please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on 5 May 2021.
We will notify you of the outcome of your application as soon as possible after the closing date.
Pensions Assistant JD2.doc