Teacher of Chemistry
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed term for 1-year maternity cover
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
Phone: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1 September 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Britain’s top state schools and experience teaching in our expanding Grammar School. Judged OUTSTANDING in all aspects by OFSTED, we are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher who has the ability to engage, enthuse and motivate able pupils. You will be passionate about learning and able to demonstrate a range of behaviour management strategies and teaching skills. You will possess excellent communication skills to teach throughout the age range including A’ level. This post is available for one year to cover maternity leave. We encourage applications from NQT’s, RQT’s or experienced teachers to join a department which:
• Deliver some outstanding outcomes for young people and is hungry for further success. Exam results for 2020 are 70% A*-B (A level) and 72% 9-7 (GCSE)
• Has a friendly, supportive, talented hard-working teaching team
• Has a strong commitment to the extra-curricular life of the school
In return we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic students
• Commitment to continuing professional career development and support
• The opportunity to work in a caring and nurturing environment and to get involved in a broad spectrum of extra-curricular activities
If you are interested in working at the leading edge of education, believe that everyone can succeed and are prepared to work hard, we want to hear from you.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 April 2021, 10am
For further details and an application pack please visit our website
Interviews will take place during week commencing 3rd May 2021.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.