Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Within the Housing and Communities area of the Neighbourhoods Directorate, on a day to day basis we operationally deliver 130,000 repairs to Council homes, undertake over £50m of internal and external refurbishments including day to day repairs to our properties, deal with on average 8,000 reports of anti-social behaviour and make 20 million waste collections.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor within the Asset Management and Maintenance area of the Housing and Communities function, you will be a key part of the Investment Team responsible for assisting with the commercial management of the Housing Revenue Account Investment Programme.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor your work will involve:
- Assisting with day to day commercial and contract activities
- Assisting with the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Assist with preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on performance
- Pricing and agreement of non-standard rates
- Assisting in the development of appropriate contract documentation
- Procurement of goods, services and works contracts
We would love to hear from applicants who can demonstrate:
* Excellent commercial awareness
* An analytical approach to problem solving
* Experience in Housing Refurbishment and Maintenance
* Knowledge of relevant forms of Building contract, health and safety legislation and rules of measurement
* Experience of using standard office software including spreadsheets, word processing and data base
* Ability to work under pressure, organise your own workload and meet deadlines
This is an important role for Sandwell and if you are up for the challenge of improving our Asset Management capability we would love to hear from you.
If you wish to have an informal chat about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Anton Wood – Senior Quantity Surveyor, Asset Management and Maintenance, Housing and Communities, contact telephone number: 0121 569 5045 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the applicant to have a HNC/D or equivalent qualification in Quantity Surveying/Building Studies.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com