MPR to UPR
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Washwood Heath Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: September 2021
Are you an inspirational and enthusiastic English Teacher looking for a new challenge? Do you have the teaching skills and personality required to motivate and energise students? Are you passionate about the English Curriculum and helping students to achieve their full potential?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly organised and well-qualified English teacher to join our friendly and supportive English Faculty. It is a very exciting time to join the team because we are developing a knowledge-rich curriculum, introducing Direct Instruction and developing a new approach to assessment.
The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring students through their passion for the subject and have an excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a desire to make a difference to student achievement. Because Washwood Heath Academy is an All through Academy, there is potential to teach students in Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 (re-take GCSE English and A Level Literature) and work with colleagues in the Primary phase to develop a better
understanding of how pupils learn to read and write in Key Stage 1 and 2.
Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All Through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established English team and contribute to a Faculty that seeks to provide a first class education for all of its learners. In order for all students to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about ‘The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic students, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes. Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children and a significant number of staff are long term employees. We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy
Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community.
We can offer you:
• a welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• a school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• a supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020
• a supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• a dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• a commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• onsite parking
• a wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable for an NQT or an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Karen Murray, Head of English Faculty at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28 April 2021 at 9am
Return completed application forms to: email@example.com
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.