5 days left
Murray Hall Community Trust is a rooted anchor charity operating across the West Midlands. Using a community development approach, we promote health and wellbeing, enabling and supporting people in need to overcome the challenges of inequality. We advocate, facilitate empowerment, pioneer new solutions and delivering innovative services for stronger communities.
Starting Well is a partnership scheme to enhance and complement Children Centre services in Sandwell and West Birmingham areas.
The partnership scheme will work closely with Midwives, Health Visitors, GPs, Social Care and PCN Social Prescribing Link Workers to support expectant mothers up to eight weeks after birth with a seamless handover to existing Children Centre services. In addition, it will provide early years’ activities (0-2 ½ years children) where there are gaps in provision.
The scheme aims to provide much needed extra support to expectant mothers and children 0 to 2 ½ years of age living within:
- High deprived ward areas of Sandwell and West Birmingham within the following towns: Smethwick, Tipton, West Bromwich, Rowley, and Ladywood.
- BAME (including refugees and migrant) communities across Sandwell and West Birmingham.
The day-to-day duties:
To manage the delivery of the Starting Well service ensuring the provision of responsive and effective services and achievement of targets and outcomes within budgetary constraints.
Working with all stakeholders including commissioners/funders and to deliver presentations to a range of external agencies, as required to meet service delivery aims and to work collaboratively together to offer a responsive, flexible and quality service.
Ensuring all data including KPIs and evidence of impact is collated for reporting and service development.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
The successful candidate will have a recognisable qualification in management/project management and experience of:
- successfully managing contracted project/services and delivering KPIs.
- working with families and young children.
- working within maternity support.
- working with statutory and voluntary organisations.
managing/supervising staff and/or leading a team well.
- managing a budget and having financial responsibility.
- working supportively with the BAME community, expectant mothers – pre and post birth.
- working with a range of parent and children stakeholders. including parents
- working with statutory and voluntary organisations
A strong working understanding of, and a commitment to upholding legislation and policy (including child protection, equal opportunities, risk assessment and confidentiality) is essential to this role as is a working knowledge of support services for expectant mothers pre and post birth.
What the company will offer:
- 28 Days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday (pro rata for part time employees)
- Flexible working
- Auto-enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme
Murray Hall Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and invite potential applicants to contact us to identify any additional support they may require to enable them to make an application.
Attached is the Job Description and Person Specification along with an application form which needs to be completed and emailed to HR@murrayhall.co.uk or posted to: HR Recruitment, Murray Hall Community Trust, The Bridge, St Marks Road, Tipton, West Midlands DY4 0SL. All applications must be submitted before the closing date stated below.
- An Enhanced + Barred DBS will be required for this post, along with a maintained Update Service registration.
For an informal discussion please contact Julie Garbett on 07859 799021.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021
Interviews expected to commence w/c: TBC
Start Date: ASAP