Lay Chaplain - Ref: TV01821
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic College
Permanent / Full-time / Term Time only
Required for September 2021
Salary range: Scale 12-18; Starting point 14
£23,080 to £24,982 PRO RATA (Actual salary 14: £19,764.27 – 18: £21,487.40)
We are seeking to appoint, for September 2021, an enthusiastic and committed Lay Chaplain to support the RE Team, in order to build and develop the Catholic Life of our school and community.
St. Francis of Assisi is a fabulous and highly successful school where staff and students feel happy and safe and have a close working relationship. We have very high expectations of manners, behaviour and relationships and these expectations create an environment where all can achieve their ambitions and aspirations. The Chaplain will be directly responsible for the leadership of spiritual life at St Francis of Assisi and work with our feeder primary schools to forge faith links and experiences. We are looking for the right person to make a positive impact upon the School community.
We can offer:
• A proactive and innovative school with a committed team and a strong Catholic ethos
• A warm and welcoming atmosphere
• Supportive Parishes and strong links with primary feeder schools
• Well-resourced and supportive RE department to facilitate chaplaincy
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic
• Have experience in working with children and young people especially in the remit of welfare
• Have experience of leading groups of young people and adults
• Be an articulate speaker
• Have a professional and flexible attitude
St. Francis of Assisi has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS/Criminal Records check.
Further details and application forms are available from our website: www.stfrancis.cc.
Closing date: Thursday 6th May, midday Interviews: Wednesday 12th May
To send in an application or if you have any queries, please contact Mrs Siciliano Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com