Safeguarding Officer – Ref: TV02821
Short Heath Federation
Lane Head Nursery, Rosedale C of E Infant School, Short Heath Junior School
32½ hours a week, Term Time Only
Grade G5 £20,903 - £24,491 Pro-Rata to hours worked
Actual Salary from £15,793 - £18,503 per annum
£10.83 - £12.69 per hour dependent upon experience and service record
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join the Short Heath Federation team in the role of Safeguarding Officer, supporting continuous improvement in safeguarding, and providing support as a Designated Safeguarding Officer.
Do you aspire to have a safe and sound environment for both colleagues and learners? Are you a trusted and organised leader with a strong understanding of legislation, with a passion for providing advice and guidance? We are looking for someone who is always striving to provide a quality service to colleagues and learners and ensure they are always safe and sound.
The purpose of this role is to act as the first point of contact for safeguarding and wellbeing concerns in order to take swift action and signpost as appropriate. With a high level of support focus around mental health difficulties and ensuring that the children and families across our 3 schools get the right help at the right time. The job description tells you more.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Care deeply about keeping children safe from harm
- Understand that every child and every family should be supported to live their best life
- Have experience of working with children and families experiencing difficulties
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Are able to use their own initiative
- Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Are keen to develop themselves and others
- Are imaginative, energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Are resilient and committed
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, happy children and families!
- A strong dedicated team, who are committed to maintaining high standards whilst still having fun!
- A structured programme of CPD, working closely with colleagues in our federated schools and others across the Local Authority
If you’re interested in finding out more, feel free to email The Executive Headteacher, Cathy Draper on firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat.
More details are available on our website. Go to
Completed applications should be returned by email to: email@example.com
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check and a completed Disqualification by Association form, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 Noon on Monday 10th May 2021.
Interviews will be held week beginning 17th May 2021.