Partnership Director for Education
Partnership Director for Education
Salary Range: Negotiable
Hours: Full Time all year round.
Contract Type: Permanent
Forward Education Trust
Telephone Number: 0121 566 6690
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: ASAP
The new post of Partnership Director for Education is an exciting new opportunity at the Trust to work within our Executive Team. Our Trust supports the delivery of educational excellence to children with Special Educational Needs across a range of settings within and beyond the Birmingham area. Forward Education Trust is rapidly growing and this role will develop alongside a wider Executive Team.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated educationalist as a member of our Executive Team to oversee our schools, develop our school improvement services, and to lead on educational quality assurance within the Trust.
The role is directly accountable to the Chief Executive Office for the oversight of our schools and academies in order to achieve the highest outcomes for children.
The successful candidate will be capable of winning trust and raising standards across Forward Education Trust and beyond and will bring the following:
• experience of raising standards, either as a successful Headteacher/Principal and in a wider leadership role, or as a member of a local/regional/national school improvement team (or equivalent).
• recent experience of having led, or significantly contributed to, the success of schools, including special schools.
• a demonstrable record of driving strong academic outcomes through systems and processes.
• knowledge of how to operationalise a vision which brings about a culture of high performance across a range of schools including those facing challenge or complex issues.
• experience of working with school leaders in a variety of settings.
• demonstrable experience of working with schools and MATs.
• have a strong grasp of the current educational landscape, including keeping on top of latest trends and innovation in the enhancement of education provision, both in the classroom and outside it.
• ability to demonstrate a genuine resonance with the Trust’s mission and values.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following individual characteristics:
• the ability to build trusting relationships and establish credibility with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including with education practitioners, leaders and governors/sponsors.
• outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• personal resilience and tenacity with the ability to see things through and work through challenges.
• a high level of energy, stamina and flexibility.
• a child centred approach.
• commitment to a strong, open culture of accountability; a person of integrity.
• a genuine passion for improving the life chances of children and young people through education and experiences.
Open to discussion about part time working or term time working.
If you require further clarification about the post or want to organise an informal chat please contact: the CEO of Forward Education Trust, Jane Edgerton via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th May 2021at 23:59pm
Interview Date: Thursday 13th May 2021
For further details and to apply, please visit the Forward Education Trust website at
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.