Grounds and Arboricultural Services Officer
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
As an integral member of the Parks and Countryside team you will be responsible for leading front-line services to the residents of the Wyre Forest in the areas of Ground Maintenance and Arboriculture.
You will need to have the following qualifications/training:
- Appropriate Qualification in Land Management Discipline
- Professional Arboricultural Qualification
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
With experience of an:
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience in practical grounds maintenance inc arboriculture
- Ability to demonstrate experience in making recommendations and drafting specifications.
- Ability to oversee budgets and resources
- Supervision/Management experience
You should also have:
- Ability to lead, motivate and work as part of a team and implement change
- Developed communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good written and numerical skills
- High levels of personal organisation, self-motivation, and initiative to achieve goals
- Ability to lead by example and carry out tasks within Environmental Services
- Ability to deal with conflict
Hours of work are 37 per week (any 4 and 5 day working patterns apply from any 7 days). Special working arrangements for Bank Holidays and Christmas working applies
To work outside normal office hours from time to time as the demands of the post and emergencies dictate in additional to the hours of hours rota.
You may be required to provide a suitable vehicle in connection with the duties of this post.
This job includes duties that may require a substantial amount of physical effort and mobility on a frequent basis.
Wyre Forest District Council is an equal opportunities employer
20210415 Grounds Arboricultural Services Officer.pdf