KS2 Teacher to Cover Maternity Leave
Powick CE Primary School is part of the Diocese of Worcester Multi Academy Trust. We provide a safe, inclusive environment to enable everyone in our school community to aspire to achieve their full potential.
The Governing Body of Powick CE Primary School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, highly motivated teacher for a KS2 class from September 2021. This is a full time post is to cover maternity leave. This person must be committed to raising the level of achievement for all pupils, regardless of economic background or other need. The post holder may also need to lead a subject across the school to ensure high attainment in their subject.
Powick CE Primary School is a friendly, caring school. We deliver an excellent, exciting education within a happy, caring and supportive environment. In July 2012, Ofsted confirmed our existing ‘Outstanding’ status. This is an exciting opportunity to work with delightful children as part of a dedicated and inspiring staff team.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
- be passionate about good teaching and learning
- be truly committed to raising the level of achievement for all pupils
- have excellent English and Maths skills
- be sensitive to the needs of individual learners
- be able to deliver high quality learning opportunities
- be enthusiastic and determined to make learning fun
- be able to ensure high standards of classroom management and organisation
- have the ability to deal positively with children, parents and staff
- adhere to and support whole school policies and practices
- be able to work effectively as part of a team
- be committed to the safety and well-being of all pupils
- contribute to raising standards and believe every child should have the opportunity to achieve of their very best
- have excellent interpersonal, organisation, communication and time management skills
- able to support existing staff by taking on the leadership of a subject
We can offer:
- opportunity for individualised CPD and other training
- a caring, committed, friendly and hardworking staff
- happy, well-behaved, enthusiastic and motivated pupils who are proud of their school and enjoy learning
- a supportive Governing Body
Powick Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure, two positive references, medical clearance and evidence of appropriate qualifications.
For further information, a detailed job description and application form please contact Rachel Walker on 01905 830336 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org School visits are welcomed. Due to current restrictions, we will only be able to facilitate school visits after 3:30pm. Conversations with the headteacher prior to application are warmly invited by contacting the school.
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Wednesday 12th May
Interviews will take place on: Friday 21st May 2021