Role: Administration Officer
Team: Adoption Assessment and Support, and Permanency Support Teams
Location: Uttoxeter Area Office, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire
Salary: Grade 6 - £20,903 - £23,541 ( pro-rata)
Working Pattern: 18.5 Hours per week | Part time – Ideally working Monday & Tuesday 8:30-5:30 & Wednesday half day
Staffordshire County Council’s Adoption Service forms part of the Regional Adoption Agency, Together4Children Permanency Partnership.
We have a great opportunity for someone with line management or supervisory experience to lead the business support function in the Staffordshire Locality, for the Adoption Assessment and Support and Permanency Support Teams as an Administration Officer.
Reporting to the Adoption Assessment and Support Team Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities on site and for the line management / supervision of a team of 5 administrative staff.
What you’ll do
The role involves many activities and responsibilities and so is great if you like your work to be varied and interesting. To give you an idea your main work will include the following activities:
- Providing support and supervision to the team of 5 administrative staff, ensuring they are delivering against the required business support services.
- All people related activities for your team such as annual leave and absence procedures & processes, training, and recruitment activities to ensure the team is fully staffed.
- You will be working with systems such as CareDirector and MyFinance, ensuring records are up to date and accurate, and ensuring the team are using the systems correctly and receive training where needed. You will therefore need to be a competent user of the systems, spotting areas for improved use where possible
- You will look after all financial matters ensuring they are dealt with in line with financial regulations.
- You will be the onsite facilities person, ensuring health and safety inductions are completed for visitors, the building is maintained safely, and where there is a need, you will arrange for any issues to be resolved.
- You will need to be able to minute meetings and produce reports and information for use within the Adoption Service.
- You will take a lead role in ensuring we have the appropriate referrals, and that the necessary administrative processes are being followed in line with policies and procedures.
Overall, you will be involved with the smooth running of the office and team, and you will look after any area where business support is needed, ensuring the business support team is providing an outstanding administrative support service.
What you’ll need
You will need to have:
- Line manager / supervisory experience of managing a team and the related responsibilities
- Ideally, experience using the Care Director IT system
- Have expert knowledge of using a Financial system (we use MyFinance) and of monitoring budgets
- Experience of minute taking and producing meaningful reports
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft applications and using multiple systems to perform your role
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you are well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress.
And here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 May 2021
For more information about the role, an informal discussion or should you have any requirements to assist you in applying for this role please contact: Sandra.Andersen@staffordshire.gov.uk or Lisa.Burke@staffordshire.gov.uk
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here