Class Teacher (Experienced, not suitable for an NQT) - John Gulson Primary School
The Headteacher and Governing Body are seeking to appoint a creative, innovative and forward-thinking classroom practitioner to join our team at John Gulson Primary School, to teach in Key Stage 1. We are looking for someone who can deliver high quality lessons, is experienced in using Letters and Sounds, demonstrates consistently good or outstanding teaching where children of all abilities achieve well. We are looking for someone ready to join our exciting journey of improvement and who is committed to providing the best care for our fabulous children.
- Be able to work creatively, with a proven track record of delivering good/ outstanding lessons;
- Full knowledge and experience of delivering outstanding phonics lessons, using Letters and Sounds;
- Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve;
- Promote and celebrate the talents and skills of all pupils;
- Ensure that mental health and well-being of all is central to your approach to teaching and learning.
We can offer:
- Kind, caring, hard-working and motivated children;
- Friendly, supported and motivated staff team who are committed to improvement;
- Positive working environment;
- A school on a journey of ongoing improvement and development;
- Full commitment to ongoing professional development opportunities
Fixed term, one academic year in the first instance. Start September 2021
Informal visits are encouraged (subject to Covid risk assessment adherence) and will be held on
Thursday 29th April 2021 at 8:15am
Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 3:45pm
Please contact the school by e-mail to arrange this firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are available to download below and are returnable direct to the school – email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 7th May 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Lesson Observations and interviews for shortlisted candidates: Wednesday 12th May 2021
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.