Rehabilitation Worker

City wide - base Lifford House, Fordhouse Lane, B30 3BW
£27,741 - £34,728
30 Apr 2021
30 Aug 2021
Job Ref
Job Type
Social care
Contract Type
Working Pattern

We have an exciting opportunity for a Visual Impairment Rehabilitation Worker to join our specialist team. Working across the vibrant city of Birmingham, you would provide visual impairment rehabilitation to citizens with variety of needs, working both autonomously and as part of an MDT.

The successful candidate, as a Rehabilitation Worker for People with Sight Loss, should be a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills and a sound awareness of relevant technology and aids.


Birmingham City Council has citizens at the heart of its values.  As an Employer, Birmingham City Council offers an Employee Assistance Programme as well as discounts to a range of major UK brands.

A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken.

Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information

For any informal enquires please contact:

Carolyn Vincent – 0121 303 5642


We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.

An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence using the English Language as required by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016

The listing will be closed when sufficient applicants have been received.  Previous applicants need not apply.

Final year students on a Visual Impairment Rehabilitation Worker course welcome to apply.  

“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants.  All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.”

Supporting documents
Job Description / Person Specification

Similar jobs

More searches like this

Similar jobs