Waste Operative - Loader
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
The role of a Waste Operative Loader is to be responsible for the safe and effective collection of waste material as directed. This could include domestic refuse, recycling material, commercial refuse/recycling and garden waste materials.
The ideal candidate will need:
• Good communication skills and ability to receive and understand both written and verbal instructions.
• Good inter-personable skill, be able to uphold high levels of Customer Care, and be able to represent the Council in a positive manner.
• Positive, self motivator with ability to work without direct supervision and work within a small team.
• Good understanding and awareness of Health & Safety issues
• Ability to take part and respond to training sessions.
Basic weekly hours are 37 with 4 and 5 day weekly patterns in place. The working week may include weekend working, (Saturday and Sunday) to meet the needs of the service.
This role includes duties that may require a substantial amount of physical effort and mobility on a frequent basis.
Core waste collection activities are organised over a zoned area. Therefore when operating within this pattern, employees will work on a zoned task and finish basis and be expected to operate as a team to complete all the zoned work allocation. When this task has been deemed complete crews will be allowed to finish and leave the work place.
Wyre Forest District Council is a equal opportunities employer.
20210422 Waste Management Operative Loader.pdf