Waste Management Operative - (Driver/Loader)
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
You will be responsible for the safe and effective collection of waste material as directed, taking responsibility for the Vehicle and Individual Loaders assigned to your crew.
When not driving, you will assist in the loading of the vehicle or could operate as a Loader on another vehicle. This may also include operating other fleet vehicles depending upon qualifications
To provide a waste collection service which could include, domestic refuse, recycling materials, commercial refuse/recycling and garden waste materials.
The Post Holder has a significant role to play upon the quality of the waste collections services throughout the District. This is one of the most highly visible services of the Council.
The ideal candidate will need:
• To hold a Category C LGV Licence.
• Be able to receive and understand both written and verbal instruction, and shall be able to undertake, plan and progress a series of tasks without direct supervision.
• Knowledge of waste collection operations is highly desirable, but not essential, as training will be given.
• Experience of outdoor working and working on the highway are also desirable.
• The Post Holder must have good inter-personable skill, be able to uphold high levels of Customer Care, and be able to represent the Council in a positive manner.
Basic weekly hours are 37 with 4 and 5 day weekly patterns in place. The working week may include weekend working, (Saturday and Sunday) to meet the needs of the service.
This role includes duties that may require a substantial amount of physical effort and mobility on a frequent basis.
Core waste collection activities are organised over a zoned area. Therefore when operating within this pattern, employees will work on a zoned task and finish basis and be expected to operate as a team to complete all the zoned work allocation. When this task has been deemed complete crews will be allowed to finish and leave the work place.
Wyre Forest District Council is a equal opportunities employer.
20210422 Waste Management Operative Driver Loader job description.pdf