Senior Democratic Services Officer
SENIOR DEMOCRATIC SERVICES OFFICER
Bromsgrove District Council
Grade 8 (SCP 30 – 34)
£33,782 - £37,890 per annum (pro rata per annum if part time)
Full-time, 37 hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Democratic Services professional to work in an innovative shared service environment supporting Councillors and Committees at two local authorities.
- Prior experience in a Committee Services or governance environment, supporting Committees and elected Members, is essential. You will need to be politically astute, well organised, have good communication and team working skills and have a flexible attitude.
- You will primarily be managing the democratic process and the Democratic Services Officers at Bromsgrove District Council, though will work closely with the Senior Democratic Services Officer for Redditch to ensure that the service operates effectively across two authorities and you will be called upon to help cover meetings in Redditch.
- In addition to managerial duties, you will be working closely with elected Members from both authorities and carrying out duties such as taking minutes, compiling agenda packs and report writing.
- You will be responsible for the provision of expert advice and guidance to elected members of both authorities and senior officers on procedural and constitutional matters.
- Working over two sites and at home you will need to have excellent IT skills and experience in, or an ability to learn how to use, the modern.gov Committee management system.
- Availability to attend evening meetings will be essential as will be an ability to use video conferencing software such as Microsoft Teams.
Whether you would like an opportunity to gain management experience in Democratic Services or you are an experienced manager looking for a new challenge by helping to manage a shared service, this could be your next career move!
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent flexitime system we believe in investing in our staff and support the need for continuous professional development. In this role we would offer the successful candidate funding and support to study for the ADSO Diploma.
Closing date is Sunday 9 May 2021,
Interviews will be held week commencing 24 May 2021. Successful applicants will be required to deliver a presentation at the interview and to complete a test.
If you require further details on the post please contact either Jess Bayley, Senior Democratic Services Officer (Redditch), on Tel: 01527 64252 Ext: 3268 or Darren Whitney, Electoral Services Manager, on Tel: 01527 64252 Ext: 2547.
To apply please complete a copy of the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. If you experience any difficulties applying please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com.
CV's will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community