Experienced Key Stage 2 Teaching Assistant
10.0 Hours per Week
High Meadow Community School is an outstanding, growing Primary School. Due to expansion, we are looking to appoint an experienced KS2 Level 2 teaching assistant who loves being part of a forward-thinking, hard-working and friendly staff team. The appointment will start in September 2021.
This role will be permanent, initially 10 hours per week although there may be opportunities for more hours throughout the term. Flexibility is key as the hours may be in the morning or the afternoon. The job will also involve some midday supervisor duties. The contract is for term time only.
High Meadow Community School is a lovely place to work and learn. We enjoy excellent relationships with pupils, parents and the local community, where trust and high expectations are the bedrock of our success. All of our staff are welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable, and enjoy a range of rich and creative continuing professional development.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- Is kind and patient.
- Has a secure knowledge of the KS2 curriculum, especially in maths and English.
- Has an excellent standard of spoken and written English.
- Has the ability to collaborate with others and build effective relationships with other professionals.
- Has the ability to handle situations with sensitivity and confidentiality and be non-confrontational.
- Can deliver small group interventions which develop skills for learning, and positive behaviour as well as helping children progress academically.
- Is imaginative in developing alternative strategies to motivate and engage children in a learning task.
- Is able to set high expectations for pupil behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through adhering to school policy and building positive relationships with children.
- Is able to feedback concisely and accurately on pupils’ progress and attainment in a learning task, to other colleagues.
- Whose own values align with our schools Learning Powers.
- Has good ICT skills as lots of learning is recorded on ipads and computers.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Sadly, due to Covid-19, visits to the school cannot be undertaken however, please look at our website to gain an insight into our wonderful school https://www.highmeadowcommunityschool.co.uk/
To apply please download the attached application forms and job description. Please email your completed forms to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021 @ 5:00pm
Interview date: Wednesday 19th May 2021
High Meadow Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.