Health Improvement Practitioner Healthy & Active Communities
Health Improvement Practitioner - Healthy & Active Places
P01 £31,346 - £33,782
37 hours per week
18 month fixed term contract
The Health Improvement team within Public Health, is committed to supporting individuals and communities to find solutions to improve their own health and wellbeing. They have adopted a community centred and asset based approach for all programmes of work.
Telford and Wrekin Council is seeking an interested and passionate person to support the service and the local community they serve, to achieve positive health outcomes.
The successful candidate will use a community centred and asset based approach to coordinate the development and implementation of local plans, programmes, projects and service improvement initiatives.
There will be a strong focus on building community capacity and enabling community-driven neighbourhood initiatives to create ‘health promoting places’ and sustainable opportunities for people to be physically active to achieve better health outcomes.
Developing, coordinating and delivering service improvement and action plans to improve local health outcomes including:
• Enabling community driven neighbourhood initiatives that include building capacity
• Developing initiatives that address how the social and physical environment impacts on health and wellbeing
• Development and implementation of the ‘place and community’ elements of the ‘reducing excess weight’ local plan
• Coordinating with partners local delivery of the Smoke Free Plan
• Working with partners and communities to reduce inactivity
• Development and coordination of the local Work Well Initiative
- A proven track record of managing multiple programmes of work.
- Experience of health improvement with in the community.
- Engaging, enabling and influencing both stakeholders and the community to utilise assets to agree and deliver local solutions that benefit health. Therefore must be able to communicate and present to a wide audience.
- Be able to understand the use of data, insight and best practice to inform a local approach.
- Must be passionate and driven.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced, outcome focused, changing environment.
- Ability to think laterally and develop creative and innovative solutions.
Previous applicants need not apply
Health Improvement Practitioner - Healthy & Active Communties