Barcroft Primary School
Are you passionate about sports and physical education in school? Do you want to join a team which is committed to helping children to grow in all aspects of their development? Do you feel you can make a profound and positive difference to children’s physical and emotional wellbeing? If the answer to all the above is yes then Barcroft Primary is the place for you. We are currently seeking an apprentice to work in conjunction with class teachers and school staff to support all aspects of Physical Education across all age groups. Barcroft Primary are offering the successful candidate an opportunity to gain a qualification through an apprenticeship in ‘PE Teaching Assistant Level ‘3 in partnership with Heart of England Training (HOET).
We are now recruiting for a PE Level 3 TA Sports Apprentice on 24-month contract at Barcroft Primary School.
The successful applicants will work in our school 5 days per week and will be given time to complete the high-quality tuition and practical training with HOET training.
- You will be expected to work term time only plus 5 training days
- In school you would be tasked with supporting and leading PE lessons, lunch and playtime activities, clubs and events to raise the profile of PE and school sport in schools.
- You will also lead (with support) Barcroft’s participation on local games’ competitions.
- You will also be encouraged to introduce projects across school to enrich the schools existing school offer. This may include using some school sports budget (with leadership guidance).
- We will offer you mentor support in school, excellent training opportunities and additional sports qualifications.
- Passionate about PE and school sports.
- The candidate must be passionate about working with children and developing the school’s physical activity offer, developing themselves individually and furthering their career.
- It is essential that you have previous coaching experience.
- Be able to follow safeguarding and child protection procedures and the ability to handle confidential information.
- The post is subject to safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days, hours to be discussed
GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or equivalent
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £8.36 for anyone aged 21-24 and £8.91 for anyone 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship.
- Application deadline: Tuesday 8th June 2021
- Interview: Monday 21st June 2021
Successful applicants will be contacted for a formal interview and other additional observed activities.
Please email email@example.com for an application pack. Completed application forms can be posted back to this email address or via the school office.