Housing Development Officer
2 days left
Wychavon District Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Wychavon district is also ranked as second-best rural place to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our Housing Services team provides services across both Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Councils and works hard to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership.
Housing Development Officer
Fixed Term Contract up to 13 months (Maternity Cover)
£32,234 - £35,745 per annum, pro rata
This is a great opportunity to join the Housing Services team and take a proactive approach to enabling the development of affordable housing across the two districts.
This is a varied and diverse role that will require you to:
- Identify affordable housing needs within the districts
- Work closely with Planning to ensure the appropriate type and tenure of affordable housing is delivered to meet identified housing need.
- Take a proactive approach to the delivery of affordable housing through continuous market engagement, Homes England funding programmes and bids, and ensuring a robust pipeline of schemes.
- Provide advice on affordable housing need/requirements to Registered Providers, planning agents and developers.
- Work closely with the Legal team to secure legal agreements for affordable housing, safeguarding homes so that they remain affordable.
- Work with key partners to ensure the best us of housing stock and commuted sums is made.
- Develop, implement, and monitor Council policies and strategies to meet identified needs.
- Promote the Council’s enabling role, working in partnership with Registered Providers, Parish Councils, developers, voluntary organisations, and the private sector.
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering the Council's values of great customer service, openness and accountability, innovation and improvement and fairness and respect.
- Be responsible for championing and demonstrating the Council’s Leadership Behaviour Framework by inspiring, communicating, collaborating, and empowering self and others and leading by example.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Knowledge of the planning system and how it can help deliver affordable housing
- The ability to collate, analyse and present housing needs evidence to demonstrate the need for affordable housing
- The ability to review and understand legislation, policy, and legal/technical documents relevant to planning applications and affordable housing
- Brilliant communication and negotiation skills
- Good IT skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An ability to adapt to different ways of working and a commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A genuine interest in Housing and a desire to make a difference to the lives of people.
Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to analyse and present information to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
- Knowledge and understanding of regional and local housing priorities
- Understanding of how the planning system can help to deliver affordable housing
- Understanding of the links between housing, health, and social care
- Experience of multi-agency working and delivery of agreed objectives, meeting targets and working to tight deadlines
To discuss the post or for further information, please contact Laura Marshall (Principal Housing Officer – Strategic Enabling) 07812 519956 email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 16 May
Interview date: Monday 24 May