Apprentice Teaching Assistant - TV03821
Barcroft Primary School
Apprentice Teaching Assistant Level 3 (x2)
We are currently seeking an apprentice to train as a level 3 teaching assistant in our school. This post will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.30am-3.30pm each day (32.5 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 24 months. Position to start from September 2021.
Closing date: 8th June 2021
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school
- Be willing to learn
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Give attention to detail
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- Hold yourself to high personal standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
- Good time management.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
- Have good ICT skills
GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or equivalent
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £8.36 for anyone aged 21-24 and £8.91 for anyone 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship.
Barcroft Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Training provider: Performance Through People who will deliver the level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This will involve on-site support and guidance with your designated assessor trainer as well as 20% off job training
- The employer will provide on the job professional training relating to your role and course.
Contact: Hannah Knowles, School Business Manager, Barcroft Primary School, Barcroft, Willenhall, WV13 1NA. TEL: 01902 368132 for an application form and details or email the school via email@example.com