Apprentice - Business and Administration
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard working person, to take the next step in their career and join the Chief Executive’s Management Team.
- You will be working within a well-run Local Authority providing essential services to its vibrant communities.
- An opportunity to work at the heart of the organisation and establish new ways of working alongside a passionate and dedicated Chief Executive.
- Work in partnership with a high performing Executive PA team across the organisation.
- A fascinating, fast-paced and varied role; each day will be different.
During the Apprenticeship the role will include:
- Undertaking general administration tasks such as filing, printing, answering phones and responding to incoming queries either face to face, on the phone or in writing.
- Monitoring, prioritising, acknowledging and distributing incoming email and correspondence.
- Working independently and within a team adhering to tight deadlines.
- Supporting the planning and organisation of meetings, including setting up meetings, the preparation of agendas, distribution of papers, attending meetings to record actions and follow up as necessary.
- Supporting the Executive Secretary in managing the Chief Executive’s diary.
- Handling and processing manual or computerised information, with care, accuracy, confidentiality and security.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of using a wide range of computer packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (or equivalent).
- Be customer focused with good communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Effective organisation skills.
- Ability to produce consistently accurate work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
In return we offer the following:
- Apprenticeship training delivered at Solihull MBC to achieve a nationally recognised certificate (Level 3).
- There is the potential to apply for any suitable vacancies within Solihull MBC at the end of the apprenticeship.
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service with the option to purchase up to 10 days additional annual leave.
- A great working environment, together with a range of flexible working options, attractive staff discounts and benefits including a career average pension scheme, discounted travel for bus and train travel and Flexi time.
Interested? To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Jane Tattam, Executive Assistant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 704 8312.
Interviews will be held either week commencing 17 May or week commencing 24 May 2021 and will take place using a secure video conferencing platform.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.