Policy and Assurance Officer
About Us and The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Service Development and Assurance Team in Adult Social Care for a Policy and Assurance Officer.
The Team consists of Policy and Assurance Officers as well as Principal Practitioner posts, providing a whole range of knowledge and experience.
This is a full-time post, and we are offering this opportunity as a 6-month secondment or as a 6-month fixed term contract.
Any internal applicates applying for a secondment will need to have the agreement of their line manager.
The main aim of the role is to support the Service Manager to achieve a high performing Adult Social Care service. The post takes specific responsibility for the development and assurance of services and social care practice.
The post holder would be based at Saltisford Office Park, Warwick. However, at the moment due to the Covid 19 restrictions we are home-based: we will also have the opportunity of moving towards agile working contracts.
Ideally you will have some experience of developing and managing changes within Social Care. Experience of managing process /practice or software changes would all be valuable experiences for this role.
The role is a very varied one and will offer a wide range of experiences which will be challenging.
Current projects include:
- Developing and embedding strength-based practice across Adult Social Care.
- Exploring how we can develop a stronger focus on the customer /carer experience as this is central to strategic change and development
- Collaborating with other business units /colleagues to develop new guidance/maintain existing guidance and procedures. E.g. Mental Capacity Guidance/Standard Operating Procedures / Mosaic Guidance.
- Updating and maintaining the Adult Social Care guidance and procedures A-Z intranet pages
- Development and implementation of quality audits of social care practice e.g. Case File Audits / Supervision Audits/ Practice Observations
- Collaboration with Learning & Development on an induction package for new starters.
- We offer a very supportive team environment and a chance to have a real impact on how processes and policies are developed within Adult Social Care.
For further information about this role please contact Anne Macdonald firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 23rd May 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button. Previous applicants need not apply.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce and would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, disabled people and people from the LGBT+ Community.