Class Teacher - Ref: TV04121
The Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with
Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Rough Hay Road, Darlaston WS10 8HN
‘Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence’
Required for September 2021
MP2/UP3 (Full time permanent position)
The governors are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic teacher who is sympathetic to the Catholic Ethos of the school to the post of Class Teacher with responsibility for a curriculum area to support the future vision and development of our school and have a real impact on raising standards and attainment. The school is a welcoming, friendly and orderly learning community, reflecting its motto of: ‘Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence’.
Both leadership and management and behaviour judged Good (OFSTED June 2019)
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Be a practising Catholic or be able to support and contribute to the strong Catholic ethos of the school.
- Be willing to lead an area of the curriculum – please state your strengths within your application.
- Demonstrate a love of learning and dedication to their own professional development.
- Have high expectations of pupils and be an excellent classroom practitioner in EYFS/KS1/KS2.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team-work and sharing best practice with others.
This exciting post would suit a teacher ready to move onto the next stage in their career.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, welcoming community with a strong Catholic ethos;
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school;
- Excellent CPD;
- A commitment to help you further your career and develop your leadership skills.
- A committed, dedicated staff and Governing Body;
- A school where we daily try to live our Mission Statement of “Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence”.
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Salary: MP2/UP3 (£27,600.00 to £41,604.00)
Closing date: 11th May 2021
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact the school to arrange.
Applicants must apply using a CES application form which can be obtained along with a full application pack from the school.
All information is available on the school website at:
The completed form should be addressed to: The Chair of Governors, Mr Richard Dalton and returned to the school.
To request an application pack, arrange a visit or find out more, please contact the school direct on 0121 568 6496 or e-mail us at:
St. Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities.