Class Teacher/SENCO - Ref: TV04221
The Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with
Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
Rough Hay Road, Darlaston WS10 8HN
‘Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence’
Required for September 2021
MPS/UPS + TLR 2
Full time permanent position
The governors are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic teacher who is sympathetic to the Catholic Ethos of the school to the post of Class Teacher with responsibility for SENCO to support the future vision and development of our school and have a real impact on raising standards and attainment. The school is a welcoming, friendly and orderly learning community, reflecting its motto of: ‘Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence’.
Both leadership and management and behaviour judged Good (OFSTED June 2019)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and passionate class teacher who either holds a SENCO qualification or is willing to work towards it. This is a great opportunity for the right teacher to develop their leadership knowledge and skills. You will join a team of highly motivated, creative teachers and leaders who truly care about our children’s pastoral and academic development so that we make a difference to each one of them.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Be a practising Catholic or be able to support and contribute to the strong Catholic ethos of the school.
- Hold a SENCO qualification or willing to work towards it.
- A good understanding of SEND and be responsible for the day to day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.
- Love of learning and dedication to their own professional development.
- Have high expectations of pupils and be an excellent classroom practitioner in EYFS/KS1/KS2..
- The ability to monitor, analyse data and be able to lead and motive others by example.
- Have good organisational skills and be able to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff.
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team-work and sharing best practice with others.
- To monitor and assure the quality of teaching and learning, for SEN in line with the school policy. This may include lesson observations, monitoring of planning and scrutiny of pupils’ work and assessment data, modelling of outstanding lesson delivery and inset.
This exciting post would suit an experienced teacher ready to move onto the next stage in their career.
We can offer you:
- A friendly, welcoming community with a strong Catholic ethos;
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school;
- Excellent Leadership CPD;
- Guaranteed Leadership time to fulfil the role;
- A commitment to help you further your career and develop your leadership skills.
- A committed, dedicated staff and Governing Body;
- A school where we daily try to live our Mission Statement of “Guided by Jesus, Learning together, Striving for excellence”.
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Salary: M2/UP3 (£27,600.00 to £41,604.00) + TLR 2 - (£2796.00)
Closing date: 11th May 2021
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact the school to arrange.
Applicants must apply using a CES application form which can be obtained along with a full application pack from the school.
All information is available on the school website at:
The completed form should be addressed to: The Chair of Governors, Mr Richard Dalton and returned to the school.
To request an application pack, arrange a visit or find out more, please contact the school direct on 0121 568 6496 or e-mail us at:
St. Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities.