Part Time Driver - Sherbourne Fields School
Sherbourne Fields is an outstanding all age special school for pupils with a broad spectrum of need including physical disabilities, medical conditions and learning needs. The school’s population is wide ranging and diverse, with over 200 pupils from a rich mix of social and cultural backgrounds.
We are looking to recruit a positive, patient and friendly driver to join our small team of dedicated drivers here at Sherbourne Fields.
As one of our permanent minibus drivers your role will be to transport pupils to and from school each day; making sure they are safe and secure throughout their journey. You will also be supported by a minibus Escort.
Drivers must possess a D1 category license and have passed the City Council Defensive Drivers Assessment or be willing to undertake the assessment.
Please note; this post may suit a semi-retired person looking to take on some part time paid driving work within the local community.
- You will need to be over 21 years of age and hold a full clean driving licence for a minimum of three years
- Able to help pupils and young adults on and off minibuses and in and out of people carriers
- Be flexible and patient in your approach
- Have a caring nature and sensitive to others with additional need
- Work as part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- A geographical knowledge of the City and surrounding area
- Willing to participate in training
Sherbourne Fields is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post for the successful applicant.
Please download an application pack from the school website – www.sherbournefields.co.uk
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: Wednesday 12th May 2021
Interviews will take place on: TBC